Thursday, December 02, 2004

Participants Not Spectators

One of my aspirations in establishing this blog is to create a community of regular visitors. However, I hope that many of those who visit this blog will soon choose to be more than mere spectators of what is happening here. Let me offer some suggestions as to how you can become an actual participant.

First, may I encourage you to return regularly. At the outset I know that "A Voice in the Village" will not be a terribly exciting place. I still have a great deal to learn in order to be capable of making it become the place that I dream of it being. I am looking forward to the time that it will serve as a gateway to many Internet sites that reflect my personal interests. Also, I hope that it will provide links to other web sites on which I will be posting longer articles on topics that interest me. I look foward to the time when I can post a selected list of other Blogs with which I feel some affinity and which may also be of interest to those who visit here. However, in the meantime, it looks rather sparse with only a few posts up and not even an archives of postings in which to browse. Added to that is the fact that my early posts will probably be so varied in subject matter that it will be difficult for a first time visitor to determine where I am going and if what I am doing is really of interest to them. However, don't give up on it simply because it is an infant site in its very formative stages. Bookmark it! Come back often enough to remain apprised of my progress towards these goals.

Another way to participate is to share information about this blog with your friends. If you think that a particular item may be of interest to someone you know, I encourage you to share it with them. At the bottom of each post is a small "envelope" icon. Clicking on that will allow you to send an e-mail to anyone you know advising them of the URL for this site and allowing you to add your own personal comments about it in a message to them.

However, the most direct and exciting way for you to participate in "A Voice in the Village" is for you to actually add your own comments, challenges, questions and suggestions. Clicking on the "Comment" tag at the bottom of each post will enable you to join in the discussion. Not only can other "Blogger" users add their comments but anyone who wishes can "Post Anonymously" and then type in, preview and publish their responses.

Note: At the risk of attracting a deluge of spam, I have also posted a personal e-mail address in my profile. If you have trouble using this site or want to offer comments and suggestions unrelated to the items that are posted, please do not hesitate to be in touch. I will do my best to answer promptly.

So, visit regularly and comment often so that the "Voice in the Village" will not just be one lonely voice but rather a lively conversation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.